Pregnant women would have been different in fasting when she is not pregnant, therefore she need special tips for fasting in order as a kind of worship and keep the body healthy. Here are some tips for pregnant women while fasting:
- When in sahur, choose foods that contain protein and fat in sufficient quantities. Both of these substances can slow down the hunger during the day. For that pregnant women should consume lots of meat.
- Consume foods rich in vitamin C and zinc to maintain the vitality of the body.
- Do not eat sugary foods at sahur.
Try to drink as much water added with a glass of warm milk. Drink a glass of milk at sahur may reduce the risk of anemia for pregnant women.
- Go fasting with sincerity and determination in order to feel light.
- Get enough rest.
- Reduce the portion of an activity that requires extra energy, such as activities outside or a heavy mind.
- Start breaking with warm drinks and sweetened to improve blood sugar levels.
- Consume foods containing complex carbohydrates so it is more easily absorbed by the body, such as dates.
- Eat in moderation when breaking. After tarawih prayers, try to eat even a little.
- Before bed, try eating a snack with a warm drink.