The following are foods that should be avoided during pregnancy because they can cause infections that can harm your baby
- Raw or undercooked meat. in this example is sushi.
It is worried there are Toxoplasmosis and E. coli that can cause serious infection in the fetus and pregnant women, which may be a result of miscarriage, premature birth or birth defects.
- Avoid eating meat, eggs and chicken livers that are undercooked or still raw.
- Avoid consuming lots of large fish such as sharks or tuna because it is known to contain high levels of mercury, which can cause nerve damage if eaten in large quantities. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) recommends consumption of tuna and other large fish to max 12 ounces per week.
- Avoid soft cheeses such as brie or camembert, blueveined cheese, cheese from sheep milk, and do not drink unpasteurized milk. All the products are likely can carry listeria which can cause miscarriage, premature birth, and blood poisoning.
- Do not drink or eat foods that contain alcohol because it can cause abnormal fetal development