Prickly Pear Extract Review The Benefits and Product
Prickly Pear fruit water extract contains antioxidant and diuretic properties. Prickly Pear is 100% natural and clinically tested. It can be incorporated into your dietary supplements for weight loss and antioxidant protection.
- Weight loss action
- Diuretic, detoxifying
- Strengthenned antioxidant protection
- Betalains (natural pigment from this particular fruit)
- Including highly bio-available indicaxanthin (65 to 85%)
Scientific Research Result
Clinical study on Prickly Pear (August 2009)
- Positive effect on body composition (fat / lean mass)
- Significant reduction of the water mass
- Positive effect on the silhouette
- No side effect concerning blood pressure
- Mineral balance preservation
In vivo study on Prickly Pear (January 2007 – PUBLISHED RESULTS)
- Diuretic activity
- Preservation of minerals
- Strengthened antioxidant protection
In vivo study on fresh fruit:
- Chronic and acute diuretic activity
- L. Tesoriere, et al. : Absorption, excretion, and distribution of dietary antioxidant betalains in LDLs : potential health effects of betalains in human. Am. J Clin Nutr 2004; 80:941-5.
Prickly pear is an exceptional source of bioavailable betalains, including indicaxanthin, which is particularly involved in LDL protection against oxidation.
- L. Tesoriere, et al. : Supplementation with cactus pear (Opuntia ficus indica) fruit decreases oxidative stress in healthy humans: a comparative study with vitamin C. Am. J Clin Nutr 2004; 80:391-5.
Cactus fruit consumption not only helps to preserve the cells from oxidative stress , but also allows to increase plasma concentration in vitamin C and E.
One product that used Prickly Pear Extract is Meratol. it can increase metabolism, increase energy, increase attention and alertness, reduce fatigue, block carbohydrate intake, reduce food cravings, reduce calorie intake, burn calories.