Appearance is not everything, but we must pay attention to our oral health. It’s not funny, we have a pretty face, but no one feel happy when chatting with us because of our dragon breath.
Everyone must have ever been get dragon breath or halitosis. Nearly 90% the causes of dragon breath is sulfur producing bacteria that live in the back of the mouth. That’s because less treatment of oral hygiene, tooth decay, gum infections, and so on. The other causes such as hormonal changes, digestive disorders, sinusitis, tonsil infections, cancer, diabetes, chronic bronchitis, impaired liver and kidney.
It’s scared indeed. But it’s not too late to be healthy. Following are simple tips to make our mouth healthy and prevent dragon breath :
- Keep our mouth clean
It’s suggested to brush teeth twice a day, morning and evening before bed. But many people are brushing their teeth after lunch. Also clean the tongue using a special tool to prevent bacteria accumulation.
- Stirrup or braces user should be more attention on oral health and hygiene. Never bored to clean food stuck on the wire. Make sure braces are also well maintained because sometimes bacteria attached to the wire
- If there is the distance between the teeth that often lead to injuries when brushing until infection, we should use interdental toothbrush, which can prevent from injury.
- If it’s possible, stay away from foods that can trigger dragon breath such as fish, meat, dairy products, spicy foods, onions, garlic, coffee and sweets. The foods that cause odor such as bananas and salted fish should be avoided. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drinks lots of water
Water in sufficient quantities able to suppress excess stomach acid. Besides, water is very good for health and body fitness.
- The saliva production will be better if we breakfast and eat regularly. Occasionally, chew sugarless gum to increase salivary
- Eat peppermint
Peppermint can help to make better smell of the mouth. But it is only temporary. Several studies have shown, cinnamon candies with oil content will help eliminate harmful of oral bacteria
- Avoid being stressed
Stress can trigger heat in the body that causes dragon breath.
- Never smoke and avoid alcoholic beverages. It will not only cause dragon breath but also the damage to our bodies
- Dragon breath can also be prevented with mouthwash-gargle with mouthwash after brushing teeth. It can also use a breath spray that is widely available in pharmacies