Patching on cavities is the best way to prevent the severity of toothache. However if you are still afraid to go to the dentist, there are some tips to handle the cavities. As the following :
- After eating, try to gargle with water. After an hour later, you can for brush your teeth. Keep in mind that brushing the teeth after eating will lead to depletion of the enamel of teeth which will add to the fragility of the teeth.
- Make sure you use an appropriate toothbrush. Choose a smooth kinds of bristles and also able to reach the sidelines of the teeth.
- Use toothpaste containing flouride. Although tooth had perforated before, it is to prevent the growing hole area of the tooth.
- Choose the type of food that is not dominated by carbohydrates. Types of carbohydrate foods would cause the remnants that will stick to the teeth.
- Optionally, you can chew gum. It is powerful to clean teeth after meals. Make sure you select the type of chewing gum that does not contain a lot of sugar.