The benefits of oregano leaves not only make the food more delicious, especially the pasta. But also also good for health.
Oregano plants is in mint family. In addition as culinary food, oregano can also be used for drugs.
Here are some benefits of oregano, as reported by the Times of India :
- Leaf oregano is a good resource containing manganese, iron, and vitamin A. Regularly consume fresh oregano leaves may help boost the immune system.
- Thymol and carvacol compound in oregano is beneficial in aiding digestion and can treat stomach disorders. Drink a glass of water with 2-3 drops of oregano oil to get that.
- Oregano can relieve menstrual cramps. Chewing a few leaves of oregano 3 times a day can be a solution.
- Shortness of breath from a cold or lung problems can be treated by use of oregano oil. Add a few drops of this oil into a glass of water and drink for about 3-5 days.
- Oregano oil contains antibacterial and antiviral properties, it is useful for treating skin infections.